Rectovaginal Fistula Treatment | Zaib Hospital and Medical Center Lahore
A rectovaginal fistula is an abnormal association between your vagina and rectum allowing stool to leak from your bowel into your vagina. Doctors at Zaib Medical Center Lahore provide the best treatment for this disease and give their best potential services in this field.
Rectovaginal Fistula – Vaginal Treatment Surgery Lahore
The signs of a rectovaginal fistula usually cause emotional distress as well as physical discomfort. Depending on the location and size of the fistula, you may have a minor symptom or significant complications with continence and hygiene.
Symptoms and signs of a rectovaginal fistula may include:
- Recurrent vaginal or urinary tract infections
- Pain during sexual activity
- Passage of gas, stool, or pus from your vagina
- A foul-smelling vaginal discharge
- Pain or irritation in the vulva, vagina, and the area between your vagina and anus
Causes and Risk Factors
Rectovaginal fistulas are comparatively rare in Western culture. It may be the first sign of a more severe problem such as an area of infection or cancer. It is important that your doctor identify the cause of the fistula and determine whether and when it should be repaired.
A rectovaginal fistula may form as a result of:
- Surgery involving your vagina, perineum, rectum, or anus
- Crohn’s disease
- Vaginal trauma
- Injuries in childbirth
- Radiation and cancer treatment in your pelvic area
- Infections in your anus or rectum
Rectovaginal Fistula Treatment – Zaib Medical Center Lahore
Your symptoms are the clearest signs of a vaginal fistula. Gynecologists in Lahore will want to talk about your symptoms, as well as any trauma, surgery, or disease that could have caused a fistula.
In addition to a physical exam, your specialist may perform the following tests:
- Urinalysis to check for infection
- Using dye in the vagina, bladder, or rectum to find all signs of leakage
- A blood test to check for signs of infection in your body
- Computerized tomography scan to help locate a fistula and determine its cause
- Gastroenterology ultrasound to assess the structure of your anal sphincter and may show defects caused by obstetric injury
- Magnetic resonance imaging shows the position of a fistula as well as the involvement of pelvic organs or the presence of a tumor.
Best Laser Surgery – Chinese Hospital in Lahore
Rectovaginal fistula treatment depends on its cause, location, size, and effect on surrounding tissues. It is important to have a rectovaginal fistula assessed. Some rectovaginal fistulas may close, but most need surgery for rectovaginal fistula treatment. Before surgery, your specialist will see whether the tissue is healthy or needs to heal first. To heal the tissue before surgery, we give wound care or medicine. And if you have inflammatory bowel disease, your specialist will not do surgery during a symptom flare. If you have a large rectovaginal fistula, a gynecologist may first place a colostomy to keep the fistula clear for the surgery. After the fistula reparation heals, the colostomy is taken out.